What do you do during art therapy? Sounds flakey to me.

Dr. Leto Quarles

In brief: Indirect healing

Art therapy is one method of activating different parts of the brain to promote physical, mental and emotional healing from an injury, an illness, or emotional distress.
Sometimes thinking too much actually gets in the way of recovery and gets us "stuck, " so creative therapies engage different parts of the brain instead. Ie post-stroke language recovery - some people can sing before they can talk.

In brief: Indirect healing

Dr. Leto Quarles
Dr. Leto Quarles
Dr. Lily Bhattacharya
Nothing flakey and very solid. I know some therapists who have had good progress with patients of different languages and disorders like paranoid schizophrenia. Those diagnosed with PS and who dont speak much at all. Very helpful for those not able to talk clearly or with language issues or those traumatized and temporarily unable to speak. d
Dr. Peter Kurzweil