My broken ankle hurts when I use my crutches. Will it stop hurting soon or should I call ortho?

In brief: Call your doctor
If the pain is consistent or gets worse when your leg is downward but no weight on it you should call your doctor.

In brief: Call your doctor
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine
In brief: Check with ortho
While the pain may be routine for one with a fracture in the ankle.
It would be prudent to check with your ortho to make sure that the cast is ok, the fracture is lined up and you do not have any motor or sensory deficits in the leg. It might be as simple as swelling from the injury which may respond to elevating the affected area.

In brief: Check with ortho
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine