My broken ankle hurts when I use my crutches. Will it stop hurting soon or should I call ortho?

Call your doctor. If the pain is consistent or gets worse when your leg is downward but no weight on it you should call your doctor.
Check with ortho. While the pain may be routine for one with a fracture in the ankle. It would be prudent to check with your ortho to make sure that the cast is ok, the fracture is lined up and you do not have any motor or sensory deficits in the leg. It might be as simple as swelling from the injury which may respond to elevating the affected area.