How is smoking and drinking alcohol related to breast cancer?

Decreased health. The heavy use of smoking and/or alcohol has a deleterious effect on your overall health. It can weaken the immune system, in particular, and that alone makes one more susceptible to cancers of all types. In addition, if circulation is impaired, your immune system cannot send the killer antibodies it needs to kill the tumor cells.
Alcohol bad. Alcohol will increase your risk of breast cancer. Smoking will bad, doesn't seem to dramatically increase the risk of breast cancer.
Likely contribute. Both smoking and alcohol are risk factors for almost all cancers, impair immunity, contributing to growth of cancers. And alcohol contributes to weight gain, and obesity is a risk factor for cancer of the breast.