What is the one test of greatest predictive value for the fetus? Afp?

Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Prediction?
Predictive value for what? A high AFP is associated with a fetus with a neural tube defect.
A large nuchal translucency is associated with chromosomal abnormalities and cardiac defects. A normal level ii ultrasound reduces the risk of structural abnormalities in the fetus. So it depends upon what you are testing for.

In brief: Prediction?
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
In brief: PAPP-A
I presume you are referring to the predictive value of maternal serum analytes in predicting dire perinatal complications.
As such, i would rank pregnancy-associated placental protein-a (papp_a) as the most important one because it can predict poor fetal growth and increased risk for perinatal death months in advance.

In brief: PAPP-A
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Jane Van Dis