What tests can be used to detect breast cancer?

MMG/CBE/BSE. The basis of breast cancer screening is trifold with breast self exam (bse), clinical breast exam (cbe), and annual screening mammography (mmg) at age 40 (still the standard recommendation). If any find a question, then add diagnostic imaging including special mmg views and ultrasound. Screening MRI is for high risk pts (see acs criteria). Final DX should usually be by image guided needle bx.
Thermography. Thermography is now being used more and more in the "alternative" field of medicine. It is more sensitive in finding and tracking temperature changes especially in dense tissue (higher the temperature activity higher cell activity). There is no risk of radiation as well. Unfortunately insurances usually do not cover this service.
Mamogram/ultrasound. Mammogram is typically the first study followed by an ultrasound. If there is any worrisome findings one will undergo image guided biopsy. In some instances, MRI maybe recommended.