I have a dark brown rash underneath my breast. Looks like possible candida (yeast.) Is that a sign of HIV? Its very itchy and sore.

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

In brief: Chronic intertrigo

This is related to seborrheic dermatitis and may respond to azole creams which are also useful for yeast problems.
Not a sign of HIV: if you fear HIV, discuss with your DR. May try miconazole cream (clotrimazole also), add hydrocortisone if fails to clear. Dark color is not specific and should not be a cause for concern. Treat itch and redness.

In brief: Chronic intertrigo

Dr. Olakitan Akinjagunla

In brief: No

Fungus grows in moist dark places like under a pendulous breast.
Get this evaluated and treated either by your PCP or at an urgent care center. If you think you have been exposed to the HIV virus,get tested as soon as possible as early initiation of treatment decreases the length of time to AIDS with increased life span

In brief: No

Dr. Jane Van Dis