Hi I have Si joint pain or piriformis,sharp pain in back, stabbing pain in thigh and calf it doesn't travel. now stabbing pain in front ankle,related?

Dr. Douglas Chang
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Sciatica?

In my experience, "SI joint" and "Piriformis" syndromes are commonly over-diagnosed by mistake.
Instead, I do see a lot of cases of sciatica from degenerate discs and pinched nerves in the lumbar spine. From your description, I wonder if you might have a pinched L5 nerve in your lumbar spine. http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/spine-anatomy/all-about-l5-s1-lumbosacral-joint

In brief: Sciatica?

Dr. Douglas Chang
Dr. Douglas Chang
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Ophthalmology

In brief: Not in the way you

think.
Often lower extremity findings have lower back. hip involvement. As in anything, strains can travel downstream and affect things indirectly due to fascial relationships. So, the piriformis, hip, thigh and calf can all be related. When that posterior fascia is tight, when walking it can affect the front of the foot,even though it didn't CAUSE it to happen. Releasing the piriformis will help!

In brief: Not in the way you

think.
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine