What can be done to relieve the itchy symptoms of chicken pox in a baby?

Anti-histamines. ... Such as Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and others may alleviate symptoms. Topical antihistamines also work great. I personally would be leery of corticosteroids as this may make the overall illness worse; also, a paste with corn-starch may also be beneficial.
Depends on age. Most infants don't have as much problems with the itchiness. But i would clip their finger nails and you can put calamine lotion on the spots and give oatmeal baths. I would not use benedryl on very youn infants and babies.