Should a woman lie to avoid making her male partner feel shame about sexual performance?

In brief: No
Sex is a primal form of communication.
Lying will come back to haunt you in the worst way. If the relationship is important talk about it , preferably outside of the bedroom.

In brief: No
Sex is a primal form of communication.
Dr. Andrew McCullough
Dr. Andrew McCullough
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Shame
Can the woman deal with living with what amounts to a lie? Oftentimes, people far wiser than I believe that living a lie is worse than telling one.
Be honest with him, communicate more fully, verbalize feelings of shame and any others and do NOT be shy about seeking professional help It's out there, believe me.

In brief: Shame
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Brian Lynch
In brief: Sex
Excellent question.
We always want to avoid inducing shame and humiliation. Always. But i said "avoid"so we can't always do it. Shame , not humiliation , is a necessary part of learning. The object is not shame but to learn , that takes skill and trust and a sense of safety. Good communication about these matters means that you can communicate about many other matters. Brianlynchmd.Com.

In brief: Sex
Excellent question.
Dr. Brian Lynch
Dr. Brian Lynch
Dr. Leto Quarles
In brief: Not if relationship
Gender & sex are not the issue; communication is.
If your partner is doing something you don't like, or not doing something you want, how can things ever improve if you don't let them know? Key, especially when talking about sexual performance, is to be honest and supportive: compliment what you do enjoy, encourage what you want more of, & suggest alternatives when something isn't working for you.

In brief: Not if relationship
Dr. Leto Quarles
Dr. Leto Quarles
Dr. Jane Van Dis