What is a good night guard for grinding teeth? Upper or lower?

Dentist made. The best brux guard is fabricated by a dentist and either on the top or bottom jaws are equally effective. However, if you have pain during the day from clenching, then a bottom brux guard can be worn with minimal speech impediments.
Custom made. These night guards, which are custom fit to the specifics of a problem, are used to help support and protect painful TMJ. Over the counter devices sold in pharmacies and online are for the most part inadequate, as they are often too thick, poorly retentive, and inadequately cover all of the teeth.
Both are good. Night guards can be fabricated on the top or on the bottom. Most dentists have their own personal preference, but both will help protect your teeth from the excessive wear of grinding.
Night guards. That's an excellent question and it would appear that such a simple question has a simple answer. While most patients think a generic store or internet bought one will serve the same purpose as a professionally made one, that is not the case! even some dentists make one without enough thought as to what is best. It actually requires some thought based upon each individual's specific circumstances.
Either. Whichever is more comfortable to you should work fine...I've made both for my patients..Only one at a time though in most people. Your dentist will be able to recommend top or bottom by looking at your teeth arches to see which is better suited to support a nightguard.
C ur DDS or ENT. Depends on the problem. Discuss with your dentist, oral surgeon, or ENT doc.