My 16 mth old has been referred to an allergist/asthma doc. At what age do they start allergy skin tests? How accurate are the results w/ kids?

In brief: Foods > airborn
Results of food allergy testing appears more reliable that that of airborne agents.
In my state, some insurers won't cover testing for airborne agents until>4yo.I send kids for testing as early as 6m if they have eczema as many will be ++ for foods that can be avoided & their skin gets better. For congestion, etc. The benefit is less impressive.I am skeptical about allergy shots for toddlers.

In brief: Foods > airborn
Dr. Gary Kohn
Pediatrics - Pulmonology
In brief: Depends
Seasonal allergies are not typically an issue at this age.
Food allergies can be but typically cause more skin and stomach issues than asthma. Skin testing is the gold standard but blood work can be done as well. A good history and testing for only is relevant for your child is most important rather than the method.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Gary Kohn
Dr. Gary Kohn
Dr. Shontae Buffington