Uncontrollable itching all over body. No rash. Took Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and warm bad. Ate white cheddar puffs. 4hrs ago. Somewhat still itching but easier. ?

Dr. Paul Carter
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: No rash?
Itching without rash is somewhat unusual for an allergic reaction to a food.
Write down everything you have eaten in the past 12 to 24 hours. It may be something you don't suspect. If it occurs again, you can begin to narrow down the possibilities, if the itching is from an allergic cause.

In brief: No rash?
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Robert Greer
In brief: Allergy
I would suspect something in the "cheddar puffs" like a preservative.
Warm bath can aggravate allergic skin reactions;i often recommend "aveeno" or other oatmeal based soaks.The benedrly is an excellent allergic treatment.Please don't drive when taking it as it can "impair" you.

In brief: Allergy
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer