I've been on Lexapro (escitalopram) 30mg for the past six months and I forgot to take it today and will be out of town until thursday! what should I do?

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Missed doses

Since you achieved a therapeutic dose some times ago (usually after 4-6 weeks) missing a couple doses should not bring on a sudden return of symptoms.
Just remember to take your med when you return home. Lexapro (escitalopram) & other antidepressants stay in the system for at least a couple weeks after stopping them.

In brief: Missed doses

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Pamela Pappas
half-life of Lexapro is 27 - 32 hours . . . meaning 5 times that to be eliminated, or about 5-6 days.