Im 5'4,135 lbs,19 y/o and want to lose 20 lbs.I'm drinking 2.2 liters of water a day and I feel bloated why? Am I going to lose weight? Also on a diet

Dr. Joyce Fiedler

In brief: Weight loss

Your weight is appropriate for your height, with a BMI of 23.
7. Losing 20 lb is not advised, as that would put you close to a BMI of 19, which would make you underweight. A low BMI increases risk for illnesses, including Amenorrhea - absence of your period, which can put you at risk for infertility and premature osteoporosis. Eat healthy, drink 6-8 glasses of water daily and exercise moderately

In brief: Weight loss

Dr. Joyce Fiedler
Dr. Joyce Fiedler
Dr. Peter Kurzweil