My gf hd TB meningitis 1 yr bck nd her doc jst told me tht hr biggest issue is spastic quadriparesis. She cn move all limbs bt can't walk straight. Dey gave baclofen+tizanidine. Any other treatment?

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Post-meningitic

TB affects multiple areas and can damage the nervous system by both direct damage and vasculitis of penetrating vessels from the meninges to the brain resulting in infarcts (killing of brain cells).
This is not generally fully reversible and must be treated symptomatically. The only person who can determine what is necessary is the neurologist seeing her. Stick with them and be hopeful.

In brief: Post-meningitic

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology