If they say don't take asprin in your 3rd trimester, should I stop taking my 81mg asprin? I also take lovenox, (enoxaparin) blood clotting disorder. J.W. Thank you

David Miller

In brief: Need your doc

This is an extremely specific and complicated question that requires a detailed understanding of your full medical history.
Your OB doc is the very best person to answer this question. If you are not under the care of an OB who is skilled in managing high-risk pregnancies, you should seek one out right away.

In brief: Need your doc

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Probably

If their has been a recommendation to stop aspirin, then that probably means all aspirin.
If there are questions about the recommendation, the health care provider should be contacted for clarification.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg