I had my baby 8 days ago. I have bad baby blues. My family doctor prescribed me. 25 mg of Xanax (alprazolam) and 10mg of lexapro. Is that safe while breast feeding?

Possibly unsafe. Xanax (alprazolam) is listed as "possibly unsafe" as studies have found Xanax (alprazolam) in breast milk. This means that the breast fed infant would likely receive some Xanax (alprazolam) while breast feeding; the benefits of Xanax (alprazolam) must be weighed with these risks Lexapro is listed as "safety unknown" as it has not been as well studied. Consult your doctor, or seek another opinion for your specific situation.
Lexapro ok, Xanax (alprazolam) ? Firstly, your family physician should be in contact with your baby's pediatrician to discuss it. Lexapro has been studied in breastfeeding women on doses up to 20 mg and appears to be safe. Xanax (alprazolam) in higher doses (3 mg per day) has been associated with excessive sedation in breastfeeding babies, but lower doses taken on occasion (0.25 to 0.5 mg once a day) seem safe. Ativan and serax may be better.