We have a cat and are wondering the things that we need to look out for now that we are pregnant. My cat sleeps above my head as of right now?

Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
In brief: Cat Litter
The concern for having a cat in pregnancy is a parasite they carry called toxoplasmosis.
This is enhaled by a mom from dried feces in soil or litter. Most house cats have never killed or eaten a mouse or rat so are at very low risk. I recommend letting someone else empty the litter and wearing a mask and gloves if gardening where cats may go. Usually not necc to get rid of the cat.

In brief: Cat Litter
Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
Dr. Adam Levy