My 4 year old is not on growth chart he was born 6 lb but 2 week later drop below 5 percentile and never recover. Should I be concern?

Dr. Rodrigo Argenal

In brief: Growth chart is it!

To many factors to consider, but growth potential (parental height), nutrition and underlying illnesses (ie.
Heart, metabolic, gastrointestinal, genetic, etc) may play a role. Talk with your doctor and ask to see the growth chart. In it is the key to being reassured or finding reason for further work up.

In brief: Growth chart is it!

Dr. Rodrigo Argenal
Dr. Rodrigo Argenal
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
What are the parents height? Is his height also below the 5th percentile? Agree to have a discussion with your pediatrician.
Dr. Cindy Juster