I'm currently prescribed claravis (accutane) 80mg bid. My dermatologist says I can drink alcohol, but I have mix reviews. Can I drink alcohol accutane?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: How much drinking??

According to drugs.
Com interactions checker, alcohol and Isotretinoin have at least a moderate interaction, significant enough that they recommend against drinking on this drug, and warn that there may be increased side effects with the combination, including more reddening of the skin. Alcohol is generally not a good idea in people with severe acne anyway. One drink probably wouldn't hurt much.

In brief: How much drinking??

According to drugs.
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Mary Efremov

In brief: Don't

Nobody needs to drink alcohol.
Period.Your treatment for the acne is not worth compromising for a drink or two.

In brief: Don't

Nobody needs to drink alcohol.
Dr. Mary Efremov
Dr. Mary Efremov