Besides ice and stretching, what can u do for plantar fasciitis?

A lot of things. Using anti-inflammotry medications could helpful, using insert in the shoes could help and injection of steroids could help and last the surgery to release it could be very helpful.
Rest. Plantar fasciitis is a common overuse injury in addition to stretching (i recommend non weight bearing stretching) and icing: antiinflammatories, night splints, no barefoot, good shoes and supports at all times when ambulating and no weight bearing fitness activity. The less you are on your feet, the better. Visit apma. Org. Dr l.
A lot. There are quite a few treatments available for foot pain resulting from plantar fasciitis; namely corticosteroid injections, padding/strapping, custom orthotics, physical therapy, massage, ultrasound therapy etc. Several treatments can be used in combination depending on your specific issues.
Orhtotics. The most common cause of heel pain or plantar fasciitis is abnormal mechanics causing stress along the plantar fascia. The best way to control abnormal mechanics is by using a over the counter or custom orthotic. A semi-rigid device proves to be the most beneficial. Go to www. Eastpennfoot. Com and request a copy of our heel pain report or book heel pain 101.
Many things. Orthotics to take pressure off the plantar fascii. Cortisone injections' physical therapy extra corporeal activation therapy (epat).
Combo treatment.. If you have plantar fasciitis, and hurt most with the first few steps in the morning, the more you can do together, the better: #1: supportive shoes. #2: firm inserts or orthotics. #3: oral antiinflammatories (check with your doctor). #4: stretching your foot and calf. #5: icing (10 min at a time). You may also need physical therapy or cortisone injections, or eswt if available in your area.
Massage. Massage is another way to reduce pain and strain and help relieve inflammation.