My left foot specifically in between my toes have been itching and its red since last week. Please advice for causes, precautions and treatments. ?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Itchy toes

Dry, itchy skin between your toes is often a sign of a fungal infection.
The infection can often be cleared using over-the-counter medications like lamisil (terbinafine). If left untreated, the infection may spread to your toenails or other areas of your body, requiring more extensive treatment.

In brief: Itchy toes

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher

In brief: Foot fungus

Your description is probably athletes foot fungus and you can start out by using an over the counter medication for this.
If it persists see your podiatrist.

In brief: Foot fungus

If it persists see your podiatrist.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh