Is it severe if I have OCD, major depression disorder treated with Lorazepam and Prozac (fluoxetine) and I'm cutting myself and thinking about suicide?

In brief: Get help now.

This is serious.If you are having thoughts about killing yourself, please be seen at the nearest emergency room now.
Have a friend or relative drive you. If need be, you can call 911 for emergency services & they can provide transport. You can call the National Suicide hotline 24/7 at 1-800-273-8255. Consider dialectica Behavioral therapy.

In brief: Get help now.

Dr. Meredith Moroff

In brief: Suicide?

"severe" is a matter of opinion.
MDD and OCD are just labels docs give groups of symptoms so they can group patients. No one patient has the same MDD or OCD, and no one can specifically predict if it will end, last, or recur. Suicide, however, is severe, because it's final, and you can't take it back. So if you are seriously having thoughts about how to end your life, PLEASE call 911 or go to ER.

In brief: Suicide?

"severe" is a matter of opinion.
Dr. Meredith Moroff
Dr. Meredith Moroff
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Cutting

Meds and therapy together are your best bet.
Get a psychiatric evaluation for what ails you, and what cutting means to you as well as anything else that may be going on. Then get a referral to a reputable psychotherapist to help with the emotional issues behind cutting. DO THIS RIGHT NOW. TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER AND GO TO YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY ROOM OR DIAL 911 IMMEDIATELY.

In brief: Cutting

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry