Is there a difference between Ortho tri cyclen (ethinyl estradiol and norgestimate) and sprintec? My new doctor switch me from sprintec to ortho tri cyclen (ethinyl estradiol and norgestimate).

Yes. Oral contraceptive pills have 2 hormones - a progesterone and an estrogen component. Sprintec is a monophasic pill ie the progesterone and estrogen components are fixed and does not vary with the last 7 pills hormone free (inert). Ortho tricyclen, the progesterone component increases weekly up to week 3, and the last 7 pills inert. I find that there is more break through bleeding with tricyclen.