Hello doctor , I am 27 years old and married 2 years ago, and I am planning now to get pregnant, but I discover that I have no immunity to rubella a?

Dr. Sharon Bass

In brief: Vaccinate

If you are not yet pregnant, see your md and get an mmr(measles, mumps and rubella)vaccination.
The vaccination is 90% effective in preventing the diseases. Fewer than 25 cases a year have been reported in the United States, mostly in immigrants who have not been vaccinated. This means that if you are already pregnant, chances are excellent you will not be exposed to it. Vaccinate after delivery.

In brief: Vaccinate

Dr. Sharon Bass
Dr. Sharon Bass

In brief: Good screening

Congenital rubella occurs if you get it during pregnancy.
It can make a baby deaf,dumb,blind and or terminate.While exposure risk is low, it is possible as long as anyone incubating the disease can get on a plane from anywhere in the world and be in your neighborhood the next day.Vaccination can protect you and baby.

In brief: Good screening

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham