What should I do if I got mouthwash, with alcohol in it, splashed n my eye? I rinsed it out with water but should I do anything else?

Dr. Ronda Alexander
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Eye first aid
Anytime you get anything other than water in your eye , you need to flush it like mad.
This will help to dilute any chemical irritant and remove any physical ones. Ideally, use saline (like for contact lenses) to wash the eye but, clean tap water is ok as well. When it comes eyes, prevention is best. Be careful and wear protective goggles/glasses during activities like welding and hunting.

In brief: Eye first aid
Dr. Ronda Alexander
Dr. Ronda Alexander
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Alcohol in eye
Rinse the eye out thoroughly with tepid (luke warm) water for several minutes.
If there is still pain or burning, have someone drive you to an ophthalmologist for further treatment. Do not try to drive yourself.

In brief: Alcohol in eye
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Abe Dumanis
Dentistry
In brief: Water should be OK
Do not use mouthwash with high % of alcohol.

In brief: Water should be OK
Dr. Abe Dumanis
Dr. Abe Dumanis
Dr. Marsha Davis