I am only 23 weeks and 1 day pregnant and 4 CM dielated and having contractions and my doctor said I am fine ?

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Does not make sense

Are you sure this is what the doctor said? That does not make sense.
If you are 4 cm dilated at 23 weeks then you need to be in the hospital as your risk of preterm delivery is astronomically high. I am wondering if the doctor was talking about a 4 cm cervical length? If so that would actually confirm that things are ok. Length is dif than dilation. Confirm with doc immediately.

In brief: Does not make sense

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Excellent advise for surprising recommendation. Very possible that you misunderstood doctor but you really need to be sure.
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Sounds wrong..

If you are feeling contractions, but even if you are not feeling any and are at 4 cm cervical dilatation at 23w1d, you are headed for a previable or extremely preterm delivery and should seek expert maternal-fetal medicine help as soon as possible! go to your nearest er for prompt care!

In brief: Sounds wrong..

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Jane Van Dis