How can I make sure my car seat is installed properly?

Dr. Pamela Lindor
In brief: Have it checked
Many towns have car seat checks offered by local safety officials or at the local police station.
Your car seat needs to fit very securely into your car, it should be very hard to move it once it's installed. It must be properly installed to fully protect the baby.

In brief: Have it checked
Dr. Pamela Lindor
Dr. Pamela Lindor
In brief: Www.seatcheck.org
If after reading the car seat manual and your car's owner manual you're not sure that your car seat is installed properly you can always have an expert check it out.
Usually there's a hospital or fire station near by where someone can check the installation and go over how to secure your baby in the seat. Call 1-866-seat-check or go to www.Seatcheck.Org to find a location near you.

In brief: Www.seatcheck.org
Dr. Kathleen Forcier
Dr. Kathleen Forcier
Dr. Buck Parker