Can I take a vitamin d supplement along side of a multiviamin, without overdosing?

Yes, but. Yes you can take additonal vitamin d along with your multivitamin but make sure you have a blood test for vit d first before you take extra vit, . D because it is a fat soluble vitamin, you do not want to take extra if you do not need it.
Probably. One supplement of vitamin d taken with one multivitamin is not likely to cause an overdose of vitamin d. If concerned, your physician can order a simple blood test to measure the vitamin d level in your body.