Can you get killed from overdosing on vitamin c?

Yes. Anything in excess can kill. The difference between a poison and a medicine is the dose. Even water in excess can kill. Vitamin c is extremely safe so you would have to takes gobs of it to do harm but i would not recommend taking more than one gram (1000 mg) of vitamin c per day because the risk for developing kidney stones starts to increase at this dose. Hope this helps.
Possibly . Mega dose vitamin c can actually be dangerous. It is true that vitamin c is water soluble & you will excrete any vitamin c that you don't use. However, in order to excrete vitamin c in your urine, you must also excrete minerals as well. Therefore, excess vitamin c can lead to mineral deficiencies, especially a copper deficiency. Be very cautious in megadosing any vitamin or mineral or amino acid.

Related Questions

Can you get eczema from overdose of vitamin c?

Probably not. The exact cause of atopic dermatitis (eczema) is unknown, but it's likely due to a combination of dry, irritable skin with a malfunction in the body's immune system. Stress and other emotional disorders can worsen atopic dermatitis, but they don't cause it. Most experts believe atopic dermatitis has a genetic basis. Read more...