Should everyone get a second opinion for a diagnosis of anal cancer?

Yes. A second opinion can often be helpful, especially with uncommon cancers and in situations where there are different treatment options to consider.
Depends. I always encourage a second opinion if my patients are apprehensive as to the treatment protocol I have recommended. If you feel your doctor has a good reputation and you trust him and are comfortable with his advice there is no need for a second opinion. Your peace of mind is what is most important.