Sometimes feel mild spasm in food pipe and get palpitations.. Goes away after a about 30 seconds. What would cause it?

Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatrics - Emergency Medicine

In brief: Hard to say

This may need a referral to look at your swallowing mechanism and a recording of your heart rhythm. The esophagus and the heart are close to each other. While waiting for a referral to GI and cardiology keep a record of any triggers and if they are associated with each other. All the best getting this figured out.

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. Katharine Cox
Dr. Katharine Cox
Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Various things

For some people hot or cold foods can trigger it.
There are some tests that can help diagnose it. Talk to your regular MD. I would also consider seeing a Chinese medicine practitioner as acupuncture and herbs can be very helpful!!

In brief: Various things

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine