What are some typical symptoms of cystic fibrosis in a baby?

GI and Lungs. Common presentations if not detected by newborn screening include: poor weight gain, diarrhea, recurrent respiratory infections, meconium ileus (at birth), dehydration.
CF. The early symptoms of CF vary considerably. Infants may be normal and have no symptoms at all, only to develop the symptoms of CF later in life. Among infants in the first year of life, some classic symptoms include, meconium ileus, poor weight gain, greasy stools, constipation and pneumonia. Bacteria may start to colonize the sinus tract and airway very early on. I hope that this helps.