Blood insulin=29.5 On lantus (insulin glargine) 62 units, humalog 17 units. Am I still producing endogenous insulin?

Dr. Linda DiMeglio
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: Need more info

Most people diagnosed with type 2 diabetes continue to make insulin for many years.
The way to tell this is by measuring a blood level of c-peptide. Also- Since you are only 45, if you are not obese, would check with your doctor to see if you might have later onset type 1.

In brief: Need more info

Dr. Linda DiMeglio
Dr. Linda DiMeglio
Dr. Ira Katz
I agree completely with the above, unfortunately the test with the answer is not here...your doctor or one on HealthTap could arrange for the c-peptide if necessary.
Dr. Steven Seres