I see colorectal surgery in a few days for a consult today I noticed yellowing of the finger tips what could that mean digestive wise?

Dr. Stephen Southard

In brief: Hard to say

Usually "yellowing" of the skin represents a problem with the liver system, but it would be rare to see isolated yellow of the finger tips without yellowing of the eyes or tissue underneath your tongue first or just generalized appearing "yellow" or jaundiced.
Otherwise you also have to consider anything your hands may be exposed to, like smokers, there smoking hand is usually "yellowed".

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. Stephen Southard
Dr. Stephen Southard
Dr. Adam Smith