Is spiriva the best for copd?

Effective drug. Spiriva is not necessarily the "best" because it is usual part of the regimen for many patients with copd. Spiriva has been shown to be very good at relieving a feature of COPD called "air trapping". That is patients on spirva can be shown to on average trap less air in the lung on pulmonary function testing. Air trapping correlates with shortness of breath, so this makes spiriva effective.
Maybe. Spiriva works well for COPD. If it works for you and controls your symptoms, then it's the best. May not be the best for everyone.
Treatment... In the treatment of copd, spiriva is often useful. Use it daily and over the next few weeks to month, you will likely see improvement in symptoms. It does not work instantly when you take it so give it some time and you will likely see improvement.
Not easy to answer. Not everyone with COPD requires spiriva since exacerbations are not the same in frequency or severity for each person Of course your physician is the best to answer this since he/she is more familiar with your condition. Good Luck.