When I sit and slump my back and flex neck chin towards chest it hurts all the way down my spine. When try stretch legs more pain. Neural tension?Why?

Dr. Shari Schabowski
Emergency Medicine

In brief: AWKWARD POSITION

Sitting in a chronic awkward position can cause pain.
Stretching exercses can be helpful to alleviate any stress from you position. Try standing head back arms out to the sides and then arch you back and hold. Arms over your head stretch on your toes as high as you can go toward touching the ceiling and hold. Now bend down and get as close as you can to palms on the floor with legs straight.

In brief: AWKWARD POSITION

In brief: Do you have a sacral

Dimple?There is, rarely, a situation in which a tethered cord can present early on with these symptoms.
This is a situation in which the cord is limited from freely moving due to fibers attached to it and holding it in place. This can occur with spina bifida occulta fro example. Although your description did not include weakness or bowel, bladder problems, you do need to be examined soon.

In brief: Do you have a sacral

Dr. Marsha Davis