After running I felt shortness of breath, dizzy, & my tongue and feet were tingling. I had lots of saliva and mucus as well as wheezing.What is this?

Dr. Robert Sterling
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Tone It Down A Bit!!

That's called "run valde velox" or, in English, "running your ass off.
" So either you were training hard or very out of shape. Which was it? Those are symptoms of oxygen defecit("debt"), blowing off carbon dioxide (hypocarbia), and your mucus glands going wild ("parasympathetic" nerves). I'm surprised you didn't throw-up! You're young so in the long run whatever you are trying will be a good thing

In brief: Tone It Down A Bit!!

Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Robert Sterling
Dr. Vahe Yetimyan
General Practice

In brief: Astma?

Hyperventilation? It sounds like exercise induced asthma and hyperventilation.
Have someone to take you to an Urgent care center if you can not contact with your doctor by phone. Good luck!

In brief: Astma?

Dr. Vahe Yetimyan
Dr. Vahe Yetimyan
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine