How long until my neck pain goes away from seeing a chiropractor?

Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Pain Management

In brief: Depends

If you had any neck manipulations that resulted in an increase in neck pain i would do see a good pain medicine, a neurologist, or a neurosurgeon.
Sudden movements of the neck in and of themselves can result in serious and sometimes fatal injury. I personally wouldn't let a chiropractor do any rapid manipulations of my neck....Ever.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Dr. David Rosenfeld
There can be some initial pain after an adjustment. A few days should be all it lasts.
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Long wait

Chiropractors do not diagnose the cause of pain in any true fashion.
Irregardless of what their specious tests may show them, they will enter you into a regimen of strenuous massage which in fact may make you feel temporarily better. But they offer you no diagnosis or cure, and are happiest when you return again and again for massage. Long term pain should be seen by an orthopedic specialist.

In brief: Long wait

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Peter Zimmerman
Would have agreed until reference was made to ortho. First stop should be PM&R or pain management.
Dr. Einar Ottestad
Pain Management

In brief: Agree

Agree with dr. Tyson.
A good chiropractor can offer physical therapy types of treatment. However, high velocity manipulation can be dangerous.

In brief: Agree

Agree with dr. Tyson.
Dr. Einar Ottestad
Dr. Einar Ottestad
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine