Is it safe to take ashwandha with celexa (citalopram)?

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Ashwandha/Celexa

No serious adverse interactions, except some added sedation if Celexa (citalopram) has caused sedation already.

In brief: Ashwandha/Celexa

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Ayisha Gani

In brief: It is okay

Aswagandha that is what you mean I assume reported to interact with immunosuppresants, thyroid hormones and sedatives.
Celexa (citalopram) does not belong to any of the these class of medications. If you feel sleepy with celexa, (citalopram) you might feel more sleepy, then consult with your prescribing physician,

In brief: It is okay

Dr. Ayisha Gani
Dr. Ayisha Gani
Dr. Kevin Olson

In brief: Likely Safe

There has not been any studies showing any safety concerns with these two medicines.
They should be safe to take together. It is important to stop both medications immediately if you experience any side effects and contact your primary care physician.

In brief: Likely Safe

Dr. Kevin Olson
Dr. Kevin Olson