Can menopausal hormone therapy (mht) help treat my symptoms?

Most definitely. The symptoms of menopause are caused by the deficiency of ovarian hormones, especially estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are critical to many aspects of metabolism and normal physiology. Replacement of the deficient hormones with bio-identical hormone replacement therapy can restore natural balance, improve function, and make you feel better.
BHRT. My advise is to seek out a physician who is trained and open to prescribing bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. This requires a compounding pharmacy, which need not be in your state. Premarin (conjugated estrogens) was introduced in 1949 and despite overwhelming data indicating it should be taken off the market, many physicians are still reluctant to be open to bhrt. I suggest you read suzanne summers books.
Yes. Hormone therapy can help treat menopausal symptoms, but it is not for everyone. Talk with your doctor about whether or not you would be putting yourself at high risk for such things as breast cancer and heart disease if you start hormonal therapy.
Borage or primrose. Consider borage oil or primrose oil as well. It is inexpensive and I have seen patients benefit from it as well.
Yes, but..... Hormone replacement can treat the symptoms of menopause (hot flashes, vaginal dryness, etc.) but this is not without risk. Some studies have shown that taking hormone replacement therapy (hrt) can increase one's risk for heart disease and breast cancer. Other factors should be taken into account when deciding on hrt, including family history of heart disease, breast or other gynecologic cancers.
Controversial. Yes, but treatment is still controversial. A recent study showed no change in the cardiovascular risk in women who use hormone therapy. However, a past large study showed that during the first year of hormonal treatment, the rate of heart attacks and cardiovascular disease was significantly higher. Most physicians no longer prescribe hormone therapy. There are other non-hormonal options though.