How will I know when I am nearing menopause?

Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Near menopause

Periods begin to change, to lighter or heavier , more irregular, usually symptoms of fatigue, hot flashes, flu like feelings, "foggy thinking" may occur, also vaginal dryness, decrease in mood, decrease in libido all can occur.

In brief: Near menopause

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Timothy Raichle

In brief: Hot flashes

The most common complaints of women approaching menopause are related to cycle irregularity and hot flashes.
Other common problems relate to decreased estrogen levels, such as vaginal dryness and recurrent vaginal infections. At the age of 22, you appear to have a long ways to go before this occurs. The average age of menopause is 51-52.

In brief: Hot flashes

Dr. Timothy Raichle
Dr. Timothy Raichle