Ldl cholesterol 140 HDL 46 total is 206. No other risk factors. Weight 170 height 5ft9in. 30yo femaLe.these levels bad and what should I lower themto?

Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Follow the following

Exercise most days of the week (aerobic work), eat fruits and vegetables liberally, limit saturated fats, increase fish and fish oil intake, have fiber with each meal, get six to nine hours of sleep nightly, keep your weight in check, don't sweat the small stuff, don't smoke or drink excessively (one or two drinks weekly).
The lower the better on LDL and the higher the better on HDL.

In brief: Follow the following

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Daniel Goldman

In brief: It depends

It really depends on your risk factors.
A blood test result without a clinical history is not very helpful. your HDL is a little low for a female ( it should be >50). Aerobic exercise can increase this. If you have diabetes or a family history of heart disease, then your LDL is too high. You need to review these labs with the doctor who ordered them.

In brief: It depends

It really depends on your risk factors.
Dr. Daniel Goldman
Dr. Daniel Goldman
Dr. James Okamoto

In brief: Exercise and low fat

Exercise and a low fat diet are the best ways to lower your LDL and raise your HDL.
I wouldn't be too concerned about your total cholesterol, it is less important than the other numbers. A good goal would be to get your LDL below 130 unless you have risk factors, in whcih case 40 is normal. I would recheck the levels in 3-4months.

In brief: Exercise and low fat

Dr. James Okamoto
Dr. James Okamoto
Dr. William Jenkins
Anesthesiology

In brief: LDL-C

Little high, finding need to know triglycerides too, easy way to lower both is with omega-3 EPA fish oil, either dietary supplement or Vascepa

In brief: LDL-C

Dr. William Jenkins
Dr. William Jenkins
Dr. Ajainder Shergill

In brief: Not bad.

Watch the amount of cholesterol in your diet, and get regular exercise.
Periodic recheck of your cholesterol. That's all you need!

In brief: Not bad.

Dr. Ajainder Shergill
Dr. Ajainder Shergill
Dr. Olakitan Akinjagunla

In brief: Diet/Exercise

Aerobic and anaerobic exercise which is consistent and plant based diet with additional protein from seafood products will do the trick.
Always do this under the care of a physician

In brief: Diet/Exercise

Dr. Olakitan Akinjagunla
Dr. Olakitan Akinjagunla
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology