At what time do I consider myself postmenopausal?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: No periods
When you have not had periods for the past 6 months-12 months and are of age (can happen early, however) and your ovaries no longer work, you are post menopausal.
When your periods change at this time and slow down and are infrequent, you are peri-menopausal. Blood tests can prove this, but it is usually a clinical diagnosis. Discuss with your pcp/gyn on your yearly visit unless you have problems.

In brief: No periods
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Marsha Davis
In brief: Postmenopausal
Means that a woman has not had a period for a year. Then they are considered postmenopausal.

In brief: Postmenopausal
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Zahid Niazi
Cosmetic Surgery
In brief: Forty plus
Post menopausal is the term used when women stop menstruating and usually occurs in the forty plus.

In brief: Forty plus
Dr. Zahid Niazi
Dr. Zahid Niazi
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham