Which lavender oil will get rid of insomnia?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Not to my knowledge!
I have not found scientific studies that support this, but if it works for you, harmless.
And good.

In brief: Not to my knowledge!
And good.
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
In brief: Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy w lavender oil can be helpful.
It is best to practice good sleep hygiene. 1. Keep a regular bedtime & wakening time (to include weekends). Get up the same time each day, regardless of what time you fell asleep. 2. Make a regular, relaxing bedtime routine. Relaxing rituals prior to bedtime may include a warm bath or shower, aroma therapy, reading, or listening to gentle music.

In brief: Aromatherapy
3. Sleep in a dark, quiet, cool room on comfortable mattress & pillows. 4. Use the bedroom only for sleep & sex. Have work materials, computers, & TVs in another room. 5. Finish eating at least 2-3 hs prior to your regular bedtime. 6. No caffeine within 6 hours; alcohol & smoking within 2 hrs of bedtime. Alcoholism is a major cause for insomnia. 7. Exercise regularly; finish a few hours before bedtime. 8. No naps. 9. Go to bed only when sleepy. Lay in bed only for sleeping, not for work or watching TV. 10. Designate another time to write down problems & possible solutions in the late afternoon or early evening, not close to bedtime. 11. After 10-15 minutes of not being able to get to sleep, go to another room to read or watch TV until sleepy. Consider chamomile tea before bed. Warm milk. Lavender oil in bath or lavender scent on pillow. Melatonin is very helpful. Acupuncture often works well for insomnia.
Dr. Arnon Rubin