I am getting my impacted wisdom teeth removed tomorrow will I feel anything they are only using local anesthesia and does the needle hurt ?

Dr. James Sunwoo
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Local Anesthesia

Many people have gotten their wisdom teeth removed with just local anesthesia.
I am sure you will get through the procedure just fine. The diameter of the needles used is very small, and once the local anesthesia begins working, the procedure is fairly painless.

In brief: Local Anesthesia

Dr. Ionel Rad
Anesthesiology

In brief: Needle can hurt

When local anesthetics are injected you might feel brief burning pain.
Shortly after, you become numb and you are likely to just feel pressure and pulling. Some dentists numb up the gums on the surface where the needle be placed so it hurts less. Always, discuss your concerns with your dentist.

In brief: Needle can hurt

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Some pressure

Wisdom tooth extraction is a serious surgical procedure and the appropriate anesthesia depends on the complexity of the surgery and your own comfort zone.
You'll feel some pressure and movement, but with profound local anesthesia you shouldn't experience any pain. Good luck.

In brief: Some pressure

Dr. David Satloff
Pain Management

In brief: Speak with OS

Speak with the OS about your concerns.
Arguably, once you are numb, you should not feel any discomfort. I always suggest for patients to wiggle their toes vigorously during the needle injection to mitigate sensory insertion.

In brief: Speak with OS

Speak with the OS about your concerns.
Dr. Vikram Patel