Hi my daughter that is 12 Ithink she has a sore throat but I've noticed some swelling around her throat could it be swallon lymph nodes?

Dr. Jalal Zuberi

In brief: Most likely

Sore throat generally indicates a throat infection, which could be viral, a sin most cases and occasionally bacterial, like the strep, which should be promptly evaluated for antibiotic therapy.
Presence of lymph glands in neck, depending on their location, size, feel or tenderness can be part of the clinic picture of either bacterial or viral infections of throat.

In brief: Most likely

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Lymphadenopathy

That is possible, but since you are not an experienced clinician would suggest that you leave the decision to your PCP.
Wouldn't you hate to have been wrong if it turned out to be something serious? Good luck.

In brief: Lymphadenopathy

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham