Lower right quadrant pain for almost 40 days. No other symptoms except constipation. Went to Er ultrasound shown healthy appendix?

Dr. Yoshimasa Makino
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Still maybe appendix

An ER ultrasound examination is not the best test for appendicitis, and it still could be missed.
If the pain was bad enough for you to go to the ER, and the pain is still persisting, I would suggest further evaluation via a CT scan with PO/IV contrast. CT is superior for detecting inflammation. It may also be able to check for evidence of other things like hernias and rarely Crohn's Disease

In brief: Still maybe appendix

Dr. Yoshimasa Makino
Dr. Yoshimasa Makino
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine