I weighed 125 3 months ago and now i weigh180. My weight just continues to rise i drink plenty of water and eat smart. Could IBS or anxiety cause this?

Dr. Joyce Fiedler

In brief: Weight gain

If you are watching your portions and exercising 5 times per week for at least 30 minutes.
You should not gain so much weight so quickly. See your doctor to rule out hypothyroidism or PCO - polycystic ovarian syndrome. Anxiety and sleep disruption can cause your cortisol level to rise and potentially cause weight gain, but that amount is dramatic, so be sure to get a full workup.

In brief: Weight gain

Dr. Vicken Poochikian