What if my screening mammogram shows a problem? Are there any problems with mammograms?

No perfect test. It is possible that what is picked-up on a mammogram is not cancer. Unfortunately, there is overlap between the benign and malignant. This is why additional tests (such as ultrasound) are necessary.
Diagnostic Mammogram. The purpose of a screening test is to find as many cancers as possible. If an abnormality is seen, we will get a closer look with a DX mammogram +/- an ultrasound; this may then lead to a (nonsurgical) needle biopsy. When we recommend biopsy, only about 15-30% of the time do we find cancer. One may look at this as a problem, but i feel it's better to "over-biopsy" than to miss a cancer.
Why are you. getting screened at age 24, are you a BRCA carrier or is the listed age incorrect? In any case, about 10% of the time a screening mammo will show a potential abnormality requiring extra imaging. 80% of the time, after the extra views, it turns out to be nothing of concern. Of the remainder that go to biopsy, 80% of those turn out benign.